The Power of One – Anti-Bullying Show

logo-power-of-onepower of one oath

Yesterday our whole school watched an interesting and entertaining show called the Power of One. It was all about bullying and how to deal with it. We all need to know about bullying. We all need to stand up and stop bullying around the world. We saw that often the person who is the target, may in the future also become a bully. There are three types of bullying: the physical, exclusion and cyber bullying. In the bullying cycle there is the bully, the target and the bystander.  The bystander is as much to blame as the bully, since they watch and don’t do anything to help the target. If you see someone being bullied, stand up for them and help them. The Power of One means that you can stop the bullying because you have the power to do it.                                           by Kevin

20140520_093836[1]

Yesterday the whole school watched an anti-bullying touring show called the Power of One. The show was entertaining and captivating. Everyone learnt a lot about bullying and how bullying happens. Bullying is when an action is hurtful, purposeful and repeated. The two actors ran the whole show. They also asked for volunteers. There are three types of bullying: physical, exclusion and cyber bullying. Physical bullying is when someone is physically hurt, punched or pushed. Exclusion happens when someone is deliberately excluded from activities or social circles. Bullying on the internet is called cyber bullying. The people involved in the cycle of bullying are the bully, the target and the bystander. The steps you can take to protect yourself from bullying is to stand up and tell the person to stop, don’t do anything to the bully and tell an adult. The power of one means that you have the power within you to stop the bullying.                                        by Christian

power of one

Our whole school watched a show yesterday called the Power of One. It was an anti-bullying touring show. Everyone found the show entertaining, educational and especially meaningful. The two actors who presented the show really engaged the audience. There is physical, exclusion and cyber bullying. Physical bullying is when you hurt someone physically. Exclusion bullying is when you deliberately leave someone out of a group. The third type of bullying is cyber bullying. This is when you post something nasty about someone on the Internet. Often bystanders don’t do anything to stop someone being bullied.  The target is the person being bullied. We all have the power within us to stop the bullying and we all need to stand up against bullying.                by Roshan

logo-power-of-one

Yesterday the whole school watched an anti bullying show called the Power of One. The show was entertaining, amazing and fantastic and I know everyone learnt something about bullying. The show had three types of bullying: Physical, exclusion and cyber. We also saw the bully circle: the bully, the target and the bystander. The power of one means that you can stop bullying, it is within you. YOU can stop the bullying if you stand up. I will try to stop the bullying by not being a bystander and stand up for others. I learnt that if you are a bystander one day you might also become the target and then maybe even the bully. Bullying is when an action is hurtful, purposeful and repeated. Let’s all stand up against bullying.  

by Vi

Problems by Ariki

I regret the day I just watched from the sidelines without doing anything.

My whole life became miserable after that.

They stripped me of my dignity and my strength.

I finally decided to fight back.

They ran away and left me standing.

I could never forgive what they had done so I took it out on others

I then realized that fighting back was never the right thing to do.

I should have told someone about my experiences,

But I kept them secret.

I regret that!

All you who are reading this,

Never do what I did, and remember

That YOU have the power to stop this all!

20140520_093836[1]

32 thoughts on “The Power of One – Anti-Bullying Show

1. Linh> CONGRATULATIONS Kevin, Roshan, Christian & Vi!! You guys have done a great job!!
    Kelly> Very true! I think they were amazing at writing those articles. 🙂
    Kelly & Linh> AWESOME BABY

2. Roshan, Christian, Kevin and Vi’s paragraphs were fantastic. Those four paragraphs made me learn so many things about anti bullying.

3. Thanks Mrs Francis For putting my work up on the blog. I hope people enjoy reading my work as well as everyone else’s on the blog. :p

4. Hi Mrs Francis!
    I’m pretty sure you know who I am. I really can’t stand bullying even though I’m sure that I may have done some without even knowing about it. I want to help to stop bullying in anyway I can. Sometimes I might forget about this because my anger controls my actions. So maybe instead of just helping the target maybe we should help out the bully as well. Bullies have their own problems as well that’s why they take it out on others.

Problems

I regret the day when I just watched from the sidelines without doing anything,
    My whole life became miserable after that,
    They stripped me of my dignity and my strength,
    I finally decided to fight back,
    They ran away and left me standing,
    I could never forgive what they had done so I took it out on others,
    I then realized that fighting back was never the right thing to do,
    I should’ve told someone about my experiences,
    But I kept them secret,
    I regret that,
    All you who are reading this,
    Never do what I did and remember,
    You have the power to stop all of this.

By Ariki~~~~

당신을 사란합니다! 안녕~ (I love you! Bye~)
    ^
    How to pronounce the above – Dangsin-eul saranghabnida! Annyeong~

• Well Ariki, thank you for your honest and frank comments. I especially want to thank you for your poem ‘Problems’. Your words are quite profound. Thank you for taking the time to compose such a lovely poem which rings so true. I know many will have some consolation from your words of advice.

The anti-bullying stories that people wrote were so interesting! I really liked them! It’s fantastic! Yeah!

6. Wow! Congratulations Year 5 / 6 F. You certainly learnt a lot from the Power of One performance. I hope that you will put your knowledge into action if you are ever bullied or see someone else being bullied. If everyone can do this, the bully will have no power. Together, let’s all work to eradicate any form of bullying.
    BULLYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
    Keep up the good work!
    From Mrs Rumpf

7. The stories that I just read were fantastic. Thanks Roshan, Christian, Kevin and Vi. Your stories were great and taught me a lot.

8. Kevin’s, Christian’s, Roshan’s and Vi’s paragraphs were fantastic. I don’t know why people bully others but I think bullying should not happen. It is very frightening to get bullied.

• Thank you Aaron for your encouraging words. Yes it is frightening to be bullied and no-one should have to go through such an experience. Let’s all stand up to bullies.

9. Hi Mrs Francis
    The 4 people did a great job on their paragraphs. It shows the bullies out there, that with the power of one, bullies can be put to an end. I also learnt a lot about anti bullying by watching the show!

• Thank you Jordan for stopping by and leaving a comment. We all know that we don’t have to put up with bullying and that we all have the power to stop it.

10. Hi Mrs Francis
    I think you know who I am if you remember my name with Kuro.
    Anyway, I think that everybody who bullies should really stop. I also think that everybody’s anti-bullying paragraphs are great – very well written.

• Thanks Kuro, I do remember who you are. I appreciate your positive comments to the authors of this post. Look forward to your next comments.

11. Hi Mrs.Francis

They have done a great job, it’s true – you are the power of one! You can stop bullying forever. The show was great!

12. This Earth was not created for bullying; it was created for PEACE,FAIRNESS and JUSTICE. Now we humans are not continuing the wonderfulness of this planet but we are just making people sad. If anyone sees someone being bullied in school then report to the TEACHER immediately, but if you out on the streets and you see a bully that has a weapon, call 000 for a POLICE to solve the problem.
    Stop the Bullying In The World Now.

• Thank you Kevin for your profound words of wisdom. Yes, we do need to look after this planet and the people on it. Everyone has the right to fairness, justice and peace. Thanks again. Well done.

When I watched the performance about bullying I was amazed that there were different type of bullying. Even though I have never been bullied, I think that bullying should stop. I learnt a lot from the performance!!! ;’)

I really enjoyed the performance about bullying and learnt a lot. I still hope that bullying doesn’t happen anymore. ;’)

15. Dear 5/6F,
    I enjoyed the power of one too; it was so much fun and funny (:
    I learnt that we should not bully others ):
    Jenny
    3/4m&m