20 thoughts on “‘Sick’ by Shel Silverstein

1. Hey Mrs Francis. This Shel Silversten is a very funny and smart guy to come up with all these ryhmes. It was very funny and Kool. Mrs francis I think that this is a very funny story indeed and it got funnier towards the end.=)

2. Hi Mrs Francis!

This poem is really fitting for some people like me! There was one time where I didn’t want to do the chores so I left it for dad to do it. He didn’t do it properly so mum scolded him. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Ariki

3. Oh Mrs Francis ๐Ÿ™‚
    I would sure try one of those excuses on my mum for not going to tutor! Hahahahah! I really like the way of the reader read this story; she had so much expression! Her drawings look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! =]

4. Hi Mrs Francis
    It’s me again, It is very funny that she thought it was the week day not the weekend. Do you know what day she thought it was? :P.

5. Hi Mrs Francis
    I’d probably try those excuses to stay home away from school (no offence). I’ve made excuses many times but not many of them have worked ๐Ÿ™ But one time I made a really good excuse to get out of tutor so on Saturday my Mum went grocery shopping and I had a stomach ache. So I decided to make it worse so I told my little brother and my little cousin to sit on my stomach for about half an hour by then I felt really sick. So after my mum came home I looked very sick and my body felt numb (because my brother was jumping on me instead of sitting on me) and that’s why I didn’t go to tutor.

6. Hi Mrs Francis
    Sally Anne McKay sure came up with a lot of excuses. If I was really sick for a few days I would get one day off. I know my mum would like me to go to school so I wouldn’t bother making any excuses.

• I guess it’s not worthwhile making excuses, is it Jordan, if you already know it isn’t going to work.

• Thanks Peter for stopping by and for your comments. How many excuses have you ever made for not doing something?

7. Hey Mrs Francis. It’s Tien and I think that the Shel Silverten poem “Sick” is very funny and I have a bunch of excuses to use in case I really don’t want to go to school; but school is still great not that I don’t like it.=)

• I am glad you enjoyed the poem Tien. But do you really want to use excuses for not coming to school?