KINGDOM OF LOST CHILDREN BY LJCARTER

Kingdom of lost children cover20140522_123000 20140522_123047  20140522_122941

We recently had the opportunity of reading an amazing new book by L. J. Carter. We were very privileged since this book is not yet available for distribution in Australia. The writer is not only a wonderful author, but also a fantastic artist. The author is the daughter in law of one of Mrs Francis’ friends, and we have therefore been very fortunate to have been given the opportunity of reading this new publication.  We also thank Ms Carter for her lovely email to us and for her encouraging words regarding our writing. We feel quite honored!

We have a long list of children waiting to read the book but these are just some reviews from students in our class who have just finished reading the novel.

” I was very fortunate to have the opportunity of reading this wonderful novel when it was not even distributed in Australia yet. When I first saw the book, I knew I would enjoy it. Oh, and I’d like to tell you that the ‘Kingdom of Lost Children’ is the longest book I have ever read. I believe that the Kingdom of Lost Children – The Book of Ren should also become a movie because of the wonderful story line. It was full of mystery and beautiful artwork and I just couldn’t put it down. I rate this book a 10/10, which means that it is one of my favorite books every! Thank you Ms Carter for your wonderful novel and the beautiful artwork!”

(by Kelly Year 5)

I would like to see this story in a movie form; it is so rich with description! I look forward to each time there is another illustration within the book that represents a part of the story. The pictures are full of colour and mysticism (another reason why it would make a great film). The story line has a lot of twists and I love getting to know the characters. Many of the scenes with the children made me laugh which is good relief from the darkness that surrounds them in their situation. The magic in this book comes alive, stirs my imagination, and becomes increasingly exciting as the story unfolds. Would love to read another one!! I would love to see another book in the series. I hope Ms. Carter you keep going in your career as an author and illustrator and that you publish another book! Great book even though I am far away from the author, I feel so lucky and privileged to be one of the first people to read her book in Australia.  Thank you Ms Carter.”      (by Julie Year 6)

THE KINGDOM OF LOST CHILDREN THE BOOK OF REN (REVIEW)

It is a true privilege to read The Kingdom of Lost Children. There were so many twists so if any time I put the book down I would never know what would happen at the end. The art work in the book is AMAZING!!!! To be honest I couldn’t put the book down. The characters and the setting of the story are absolutely unbelievable.  The genre of the story is just suitable for me. I also liked how the story captured my interest and imagination from the very start. I really enjoyed reading the book. Even by just judging the cover, it still looked interesting and really captured the eye. I would read this book again and would never get bored. I would say that this story by L J Carter is quite mesmerizing and the artwork is very captivating and beautifully presented. ”     (by Tracey Year 6)

“I feel so lucky to have read such a wonderful  book that isn’t available in bookshops in Australia yet. The book was great to read; I liked it very much. The story was interesting, mysterious and captivating and it didn’t take me too long to read because I couldn’t put it down. It was one of the longest books I have ever read and enjoyed all the way through. I enjoyed reading the book a lot. I also rate this book 10/10 and I would like to thank Ms. L.J. Carter for writing such a wonderful book for young people to read.”    (by Aaron Year 6)

Hi Mrs Francis!

I’ve just finished reading the book and it blew my mind, literally. The book had a very rich and interesting plot line because for me it was the balance between reality and fantasy that had me drawn in. Although the story was meant to be serious (or so I think), I can’t help but find some parts humorous. The characters were very detailed and that made them very realistic. I find that the book has some identical events that happen in the real world. The story had me thinking of all different possible outcomes in the end. There were many plot twists that surprised me and had me captivated to the very end of the story. The artwork was very beautiful and nearly had me taking pictures. The art style suited the story line and I think Ms Carter is very creative. I also read the authors note at the end and It saddens me to even think that children are going through immense pain while we are living obliviously in our lives.To me it is a privilege to have read this book. The book has opened my eyes to see the harsh truth but has also made me realise that just a little bit of help can change a whole world sometimes.”  ~Artemis (Year 5)

27 thoughts on “KINGDOM OF LOST CHILDREN BY LJCARTER

1. Hi Mrs Francis
    I would like to ask if I can read this book when no one else is.
    I am looking forward to reading it a lot and the drawings are very beautiful.
    I really like the Tiger with Wings~
    Onegai (please) tell me when I am able to read it.
    Thank you~~

• Thanks Kuroi for your comments. Of course you can read the book. I will check my list and see who is next. If your name isn’t on the list, please put it there, so you will be next in line. I am glad you are keen to read this story.

I read the review comments and I think Kelly, Julie, Tracey, and Aaron have done a great job. They all say it is interesting and the book sounds wonderful!

I have not read this book yet but I’m DESPERATE on reading this only copy that we have. I’ve seen and read the reviews and it sounds fantastic!!!! From the pictures, it looks like Ms Carter is a very, very, VERY good artist and you have a fantastic friend.

Kimberly and I tried to visit you on Wednesday but you were absent. I remember reading this book it was great, I loved it and I would also like to see it in movie form. It would be great to hear from you, it’s been a while.

From, Isabelle, the first reader of the Kingdom Of Lost Children

Ps. Kimberly tried the jigsaw puzzles and said they were really fun.

• Hey Isabelle, great to hear from you! I’m sorry I wasn’t there on Wednesday when you came to visit. Maybe next week, come back and visit. I’m so glad you stopped by the blog. It really has grown from last year. Yes, I remember you were the first student to read the Kingdom of Lost Children last year when I received my copy from my friend, and no-one can take that title away from you!!! I also remember how much you loved the book. I am getting the same reaction from the students this year. Keep visiting the blog and check out the comments. We hope the author actually stops by and makes a comment on the blog too. We are all waiting in anticipation for her artwork which she is going to send me. Keep checking in and then I can let you know when it arrives! I’m glad Kimberly enjoyed the jigsaw puzzles. Let’s hope she can stay on the top of the ladder and that some of my children don’t topple her off! Anyway, keep in touch Isabelle. It was great to hear from you.

5. Hi everyone,

I am the author of, Kingdom of Lost Children. It’s great to hear such fantastic comments about the book! I’m thrilled you are all enjoying the story and the artwork.

I’ve really enjoyed checking out this awesome blog site. Mrs. Francis has done a fantastic job setting it up and the student work is outstanding! (I love the virtual pet fish too!)

Keep up the great work everyone! Happy writing and happy reading! :0)

• Thank you so much Ms Carter for visiting our website and for your great comments. We feel quite flattered that you have made time to visit. We look forward to receiving your artwork in the very near future. We know that we will come up with some imaginative and creative art pieces! We hope we can share these with you via our blog! Thank you so much again.
      From the children of 5/6 Francis

6. Hi Mrs Francis!

I’ve just finished reading the book and it blew my mind, literally. The book had a very rich and interesting plot line because for me it was the balance between reality and fantasy that had me drawn in. Although the story was meant to be serious (or so I think), I can’t help but find some parts humorous. The characters were very detailed and that made them very realistic. I find that the book has some identical events that happen in the real world. The story had me thinking of all different possible outcomes in the end. There were many plot twists that surprised me and had me captivated to the very end of the story. The artwork was very beautiful and nearly had me taking pictures. The art style suited the storyline and I think Ms Carter is very creative. I also read the authors note at the end and It saddens me to even think that children are going through immense pain while we are living obliviously in our lives.To me it is a privilege to have read this book. The book has opened my eyes to see the harsh truth but has also made me realise that just a little bit of help can change a whole world sometimes.

~Artemis

• Wow Artemis! What a fantastic review of the book. I am so glad you enjoyed it and that you finished it so quickly! I am very impressed. I am going to put your review about the book in the post, if that’s alright with you. Well done, I am very impressed!

7. We both would like to say that it has been a great honour to read this book and we recommend other students to read it too. You won’t regret it.

Wow this is one book that I will never forget. The way that L.J Carter has captivated me and the other readers is fantastic. L.J Carter sure is a great author. There really are a lot of people waiting to read the book. All their waiting will pay off once they read the book! It really has been a privilege to read this book and see the AMAZING illustrations. I really couldn’t put the book down. Thank you so much Ms Carter for writing this fantastic book. I really hope that this book is a hit in Australia and the world because in my opinion it really should be. Hope there’s another book on its way. Once again thank you so much.

This book is amazing! I would like to thank Ms. L.J Carter for going to the trouble of writing this book. The Kingdom of Lost Children blew my mind. It is such a good book and has a much deeper meaning. The pictures were so beautiful; my favourite picture is the one with King Adon in it. The plot twist was also very good. There are a lot of people in the line waiting to read this book but I think the wait is worth it because the book is very good and once again I would like to thank Ms. L.J Carter for this awesome book. I also hope more books are coming!! 😀

• Thank you Daniel for your great review and your comments regarding the Kingdom of Lost Children. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Well done. I know Ms Carter will appreciate your feedback.

When is it my turn to read the book? I really really want to read it but I am a bit of a slow reader.

• That’s Ok. You will have to wait until either of the two books becomes available. You might actually be next on the list.