Book Week 2014 – Theme – Connect to Reading – Reading to Connect

publicity imageThis week we celebrate Book Week 2014.

The theme is Connect to Reading, Reading to Connect.

Our librarian has organised many fun activities for all year levels at our school, from puppet shows for the Junior classes to excursions to the museum for the senior students. We have also had a read-in with our junior buddy class.

We will be dressing up in a theme of “dots” on Tuesday and then on Friday we can come dressed as our favourite language convention, so this means we can come as full stops, commas, exclamation marks, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, etc. whatever we like!

Below are some of the short listed books from the Children’s Book Council of Australia.

5bd148789ba77fe7bc5ea822f02fda67 099c5dee5615820b75437cedb34338fc  my-life-as-an-alphabetCover.indd  Unknown-13 songforascarletrunner 44Capture 45 bookweek header

Have you read any of these books or others which were short-listed?

Write back and tell me which book you have read recently. If you have read any of these books, what did you think about them?

5 thoughts on “Book Week 2014 – Theme – Connect to Reading – Reading to Connect

I haven’t read any myself but Mrs Nadja planned the Book Week well. She showed us those short listed stories, and I think I like Parachute the best only judging by its front cover.

Book week is fun. My favourite short-listed book is Parachute because the front cover of the book was deep and emotional. By the looks of it, it will be a good book.

Miss Nadja read King Pig to us, but you didn’t include it in the blog post. I THINK IT taught king pig that he had to be nice. King pig was an interesting story, especially, the look of the treasure box.

4. Hi Mrs Francis
    Book week has been so much fun so far. We already finished reading to our buddies and we are now dressed up as dots. I can’t wait for many more surprises like the excursion and dressing up as ‘communication’.