Body Confidence and Self – Esteem: SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING

happy-children

Continuing on our journey of healthy living,

we have now also concentrated on how we can boost

our self-esteem and body confidence.

We recently were fortunate enough to have Diana, an actor, come to our school.

All the 5/6 children attended a session with her.

Some of us were fortunate enough to attend extra session and work on a play.

We presented the play to our 5/6 parents at an information night.

This is what we have learnt about

body confidence and self esteem:

enjoy-life-wheel(1)

dr-seuss

16 thoughts on “Body Confidence and Self – Esteem: SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING

We all have special talents. Everyone is unique. Nobody is perfect. We all have our flaws.

Everyone is different and no one is perfect. Everyone has a gift and a talent that might be different, so we are us.

We all have different talents; no one is perfect or exactly the same. It is also true that everyone has a talent but we have to unlock them.

I learnt that some people are sensitive so if you tease them they could cry very easily so this is why we are talking about body confidence. It also doesn’t have to be about that; it is also about seeing how people eat and how they look after their bodies.We should not judge people by what they look like. I hope in the near future that judging will stop happening. 😀

The slide was interesting. I now know how people get their body confidence. You need to eat well, show that you have talents and thinking positive things.

6. Mrs Francis,
    Self Esteem is a very sensitive thing. Believing in yourself is a very important thing that you must do, no matter what. Also we really love the quote that you have added on the slide.:]

7. Hey Mrs Francis
    To be confident is to not be scared and just do it. Sometimes I get shy about doing something but I still get up and do it, and sometimes I may get an answer wrong and I have to fix it, and that’s OK. 🙂 🙂 🙂

8. Good Day~ Mrs. Francis
    As much as everyone would like to think they are all perfect in some ways, it’s not bad to stop and think for the good things you could do for your body. If you’re starving yourself, it’s not a “diet”. Don’t fret about what you have to eat and whatnot, just enjoy your food. Food is meant for enjoyment….sometimes. Eat well, rest well then work it off. It might not be easy at first, but if you stick to it, then it’ll be no problem at all. Don’t stress yourself too much, relax and be happy. Well, that’s all I have to say, but I think experiencing it yourself will be the best for you.
    Annyeong~

Some people think they are perfect because they exercise and eat healthy. But that doesn’t mean you are perfect because everybody has their flaws. People also think that what’s on the outside is what counts and not the inside. It doesn’t matter if you are pretty and have a flawless face, because most people like that may be nasty on the inside. Try considering being nice for once. But if you are already good on the inside keep being like that. And always try to be yourself, don’t change because you think you aren’t pretty or beautiful.
    Have a nice day~~

I learnt that self esteem means to feel good about yourself. It can also mean not thinking badly about yourself. You should not judge other people by what they eat, what they look like or what you see in their shopping trolley. You should not always judge a book by its cover; you should always judge the person inside not the outside. Outside does not count but inside does as even if people may look different but it’s what’s inside that always counts. I hope in the future people will be nicer and notice other people’s feelings.

The slide was great. It teaches us to think positively about ourselves and to be healthy. It shows that you should believe what’s inside of you and not about the outside of you. Everyone has talents and you should be happy about that.

These tips are really helpful in our everyday life. The drama workshop was a lot of fun and it was an exciting way for children to learn more about self esteem. Thank you Mrs Francis for the slideshow and with the tips.

Being aware of our own feelings is important. If there’s something wrong talk to your parents (because they may have been through it too or had tough times) chat to them about your problem and they should have advice on how to end the problem and you may have a better life. Remember – don’t judge yourself because eg.fatness, not talented or the ability to do things like others. NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF!

14. Dear Mrs Francis, I liked the slide; I think everyone is great in a lot of different ways. I hope everyone can stand up and be brave.