CyberQuoll – Cyber Safety – Staying Safe Online

Recently in our class we have been speaking about

staying safe on line, and  about Cyber bullying.

We all have the responsibility of looking after ourselves and others

when we are on the Internet.

cyberquoll 6

CYBERQUOLL – STAYING SAFE ONLINE

Follow the link above to listen to how to stay safe online.

It is full of many tips of the do’s and don’ts when you are online.

There are six episodes in the series. 

By knowing about online risks and how to manage them,

your experience on the Internet can be a safe and positive one.

Cyberquoll 1
We acknowledge and give thanks for the CYBERQUOLL videos
to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (the ACMA) 
 for producing this cyber safety program suitable for upper primary students. 

21 thoughts on “CyberQuoll – Cyber Safety – Staying Safe Online

I remember doing this a few months ago; also I remember doing it at my old school as well. I wonder if there are any other videos like this. If there are I would like to be able to watch them. It teaches us a lot of new things on this video like how to never talk to anyone who you don’t know online and also to remember to turn your privacy settings off. Always try to keep safe online and don’t listen to anyone who you don’t know.

2. Hey Mrs. Francis
    I’ve seen this before but I was at enrichment at that time, the last few moments were funny and educational though. I was soaking in the info so much, I thought my brain would burst! It’s not everyday that you know that such dangerous things could happen to you. I’m going to watch it at home so I can see the first parts of the series. I did try to do almost everything I could so that I could be safe.
    Seeya~

It is important that we learn what is right and wrong when we go on the internet because then we can stay safe and do the right things, not the wrong things.

4. I loved the role of the kids in these videos; they were very silly, but at the same time gave a good message! And I agree with all the information that the girl was giving! 😉

5. Hey Mrs Francis,
    Cyber Safety is very important for all kids who go online. We should never give out information online to anyone you don’t know and never post anything which will give information out to others.

The video was a really good way of helping us understand the dangers of the internet and how to be safe. It really allowed us to understand what is important to do and what is silly to do. Thank you very much for the video, Mrs Francis.

After I finished watching how to be safe online, I learnt that some people in chat rooms can pretend to be someone else. I also learnt that you should not give away your email to anyone; you don’t know because the emails might have viruses.

I really enjoyed the video! I thought that it was a great idea to post a website about cyberbullying to teach us about cyberbullying!

I’ve just watched the video. I learnt a lot of things such as how to be safe on the internet. The children were really funny too.

10. OH I REMEMBER THIS!! =D… iIt was so funny! I loved the twins as they annoyed their cousin, or something. The faces looked funny too when they are biting the pencil too.!! 🙂

11. Internet safety day was really fun! We learnt how to Keep safe on the internet.This video was kinda weired…. 😛