The Scarecrow

Watch this short video.

What messages do you think it is sending the viewers?

Does it fit in with our healthy eating studies?

Have you ever stopped to think about the food we eat

and where it actually comes from?

How does the scarecrow feel and how do these feelings change

as he travels through the story?

How does this short video make you feel?

Does it make you more aware of what’s going on in the food industry?

Is this a persuasive advertisement for or against fast food?

Or is the video just as advertisement for a new food chain?

6 thoughts on “The Scarecrow

At first when I didn’t see the ending part I thought it was teaching us that some food companies use stuff to hurt the animals to earn profit, but when I saw the ending I was shocked it was an add for a game and a restaurant.

I was really shocked to know that the food industry actually pumped up chickens to be able to have more meat! To be honest, I find that terrifying and disgusting!!

3. Hey Mrs. Francis
    After watching the short film, I was…terrified, disgusted and sympathetic. Chickens should be raised just the way they are, even if they aren’t plump and delicious. Eggs shouldn’t be laid by a hen that was confined and fed wrong. Cows should have the freedom to roam from the person who raised them. They might be the ones that contribute to the greenhouse effect, but they keep us well and alive…that is, if we raise them right. Vegetables should be fresh and not chemicalized into being yummy. Highly processed foods are often irresistible but what if we changed the way we eat? I’m not forcing all people to become vegetarians for the sake of the earth and all. Over hunting is probably one of the other major problems in the food industry (I think). Considering that 70% of the fish in the sea are nearly exploited or nearly to the point, don’t you think humans are growing too fast? The earth doesn’t have an unlimited supply of food and minerals. Our grasp on oil, ore, food and water is slowly slipping away. Why can’t we come up with a healthy alternative for all the unhealthy foods we eat? Money is the base of everything. We need it and yet at the same time, can live without it. Sometimes I wonder about a world where money never existed. Whelp, I think I may have written too much.
    Bye~
    ~Come with me and you’ll be in a world of pure imagination, take a look and you’ll see into your imagination.~

• Well Usa-Chan, I am very impressed with your response and comment about the Scarecrow clip. Thanks for your thoughtful observations. Maybe we all need to be be more aware of how animals are treated. I guess we all need to be aware of our world and how we treat it, and the animals that supply our foods. Thanks again. Lots of food for thought!

• Money isn’t really the base of EVERYTHING. ‘Money can’t buy love’ is one of my favourite quotes >_<. Well, let's say money can KIND OF buy love because sometimes your 'boyfriend' may not love you, but just want you because you're rich. In the end, he's probably going to dump you SO make sure that you know who you are looking for and MAKE SURE that you don't fall into those tricks!!