25 thoughts on “Remembrance Day – In Flanders Fields poem by John McCrae 1915

1. Hi Mrs Francis
    The In Flanders Fields song has a lot of meaning. John Mcrae did a really good job when writing this poem. It is really sad but we thank the soldiers who fought for us.

2. Good day Mrs. Francis,
    Thank you for putting this up, it really helps us all, I’m sure. Rememberance Day is for us to remember the dead souls of the soldiers. It also marks Armistice Day. Armistice Day was a day to stop all wars. World War 1 was said to be the “War to stop all Wars.”

“Smile a real smile, it might make you live longer.”

Bai~

• Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments regarding Remembrance Day. Well done. I know you got a lot out of the poem which we did in class.

This video is really helpful and helps us remember Remembrance Day.
    What will you do for Christmas? I wonder?

I hope you have a nice day~~

The Rememebrance Day poem was really deep, if you have gone deeper. It gives us a breif picture of how it was in the time of World War I.

On Remembrance Day our country Australia is celebrating the time when the soldiers fought in Gallipoli and we will remember who died during that war.

6. Hi Mrs Francis
    The song was really nice and it had a lot of meaning. I think this song tells you to honour the soilders that died in war and couldn’t make it back in world war I.

In Flanders Field is a very meaningful poem. Remembrance Day is very important as it helps us to remember the soldiers who died in wars, and it doesn’t glorify war. It was because of a war, that Australia is a free country.

The flowers are beautiful. It is good that we remember the soldiers. The song sounds good and fits in all remembering. I think I’ll try to sing it.
    Next week swimming, I might be sick for one day. =-=
    But anyway see you next week
    🙂 ^-^

9. Remembrance Day is the day when the Australian soldiers go to war while they were fighting poppies grow.

MAY THEY ALL REST IN PEACE ;( ;( ;( opi

Those that died and suffered shall be remembered. The poem above sounds very nice. It is sad when people die in War to fight for their nation.

The soldiers that lost their lives will be remembered. The poem was beautiful, but some people think differently. I watched some videos about soldiers coming back home and their family members were crying.

I think Remembrance Day is a day where ALL schools should commemorate. Did you know that only SOME schools celebrate it? I heard it on the news and I think that it is a sad thing .. OH, and did you know that we are meant to celebrate Remembrance Day at the 11th second, 11th minute, 11th day and on the 11th month but we can’t be very precise ..

13. Hey Mrs Francis,

In Flanders Fields is a very soulful song. This song really gives a message that we should all remember them but not to kill otherwise they shall not rest.

I think that “In Flanders Field” is about all those people that fought in WWI and died for us. They fought for our lives as Jesus died for us. When you read this comment please now have a 1 minute silence.
    The Ode:
    They shall not grow old,
    as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them,
    nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun,
    and in the morning.
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

“LEST WE FORGET”

15. I believe the people who went to war should always be recognized. I hope that one day there will be no more wars and the world would just be peaceful. I am so glad that our country has freedom.

For me Remembrance Day means the day we honor those soldiers who sacrificed their lives to fight and protect Australia.