2015 Poetry – I am

This term in our class we wrote “I am” poems.

We have not included our names on these poems,

because many of us wrote about some very real personal feelings.

We hope you enjoy reading them, as much as we enjoyed creating them.

Feel free to leave your comments.

We have included the slide show in three parts,

for those of you who have difficulty opening the full slide show.

Hopefully this will open more quickly than the previous one.

Please be patient as the slide shows load

48 thoughts on “2015 Poetry – I am

1. Dear Mrs. Francis,
    I have just finished reading all of the “I am” Poems that everyone wrote and now I understand why we didn’t include the authors’ names. All of these poems were really personal and I wonder where the authors got their inspiration from.
    But overall these poems were great. Good Job Everyone!
    ~Anna E~
    >~~<

2. Hey there, Mrs. Francis,
    Hope you don’t mind me hopping on and checking things out. You know, I can feel the emotion put into these, and hope that those poems will be appreciated. I for one, certainly do.
    You know me, whenever I get the chance to, I will always try to write a poem, so I’ll just write mine in the comments, since I’m no longer part of your class.
    Ta~

• Wow, Alyahs, very powerful. I always knew you were a talented student. You are more than welcome to hop on the blog at anytime and leave your comments. Beautiful poem and so deep, powerful and enlightening. I know things will work out for you. Please keep in touch, and you know you can always visit and have a chat. Take care, and keep in touch. Stay happy! Enjoy your holidays. See you at school when we get back.

These poems were very interesting to read, they were simple but at the same time very powerful and personal. I enjoyed doing poetry this term and hopefully we can do some more in this upcoming term. Hope you enjoyed this holiday. I am so excited to go back to school!

-Yvonne

• Thanks Yvonne. I am glad you visited the blog and left a comment. Yes they are very powerful poems. I am glad that the post is working because for some reason I am having trouble opening it. Let me know if there are any problems with the slide show opening. Thanks again and I hope you are resting and enjoying your holiday. Hopefully we will do more poems next term.

4. Everyone did a fantastic job. I really enjoyed writing mine and reading others’. The first one was interesting since I saw a few new words which have been added to my vocabulary.

5. Hi part 1 slide 6 you i am was very interesting and related to me. do you know what you want to be in the future? I want to be an artist.

• Hi Wyatt, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

6. Hi powerpoint 2 slide 3 why are you sad outside and happy inside sometimes i am sad outside because i don’t get to play with my other friends and go to my blog and check out everything that we did and were making a coin for 2017.

• Hi Elijah, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

7. hi powerpoint 1 slide 12! i really like your poem. i love to pretend to! i here my teachers voice lots to. i live in Rosetown Saskatchewan! what town do you live in? my favorite subject in school is gym!

• Hi Pyper, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

8. Hi part 3 slide2 with a snowy background.
    What things do you hear that you don’t want to ? Once I heard my parents fighting late at night. What things do want to hear? I once heard that we were going to a place called Calaway Park. That is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. What do you want that you usually don’t receive? I love Lego, but I don’t usually get kits. What are your two different personalities? Sometimes I pretend that I’m someone I’m not just to impress people. Usually my friends! What kind of dreams do you dream? I usually dream funny ones but just recently I dreamt something very scary for me! What grade are you in? I’m in grade 5. Are you a boy or a girl? I’m a girl. If you choose not to, you don’t have to answer some of the questions I asked you.
    Love,
    Rhianna

• Hi Rhianna, thanks for your very detailed comments and questions. You write very well. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

9. hi slide 3 part 1 was that really sad i almost cried and was that really true sometimes that happend to me once but it hurts really really bad like a chain saw is cutting me in the neck but maybe u can come and see our i am poams but not rite now my class is working on there i am poam because they deleted and im still making mines but its going good hey i got some questions what is ur favorite coulor and whats ur favorite number and r u a boy or girl im a girl and my favorite coulor and number is purple and 666

• Hi Dante, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

• Hi Riland, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

• Hi Danika, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

10. Hi part 2 slide 7 I loved your I am poem because it connects to me so much. The back ground that you picked is so pretty. I hope this world will be peace full too and just like you I try to hide my feelings. If you could what would you change about the world? If you want to check out my I am poem you can look at it on kidblog.

• Hi Hailey, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

• Hi Hailey!
      Thank you for your positive comment on that particular slideshow. I for one really enjoyed reading all of them and I hope you did too, again thank you for taking the time to check our poems.

~Anna E~

11. Hi part 1 slide 9!! I love your colorful back ground. It looks cool with all of the colors mixing together. I like your poem because I think it is very unique and honest. I have one question when you see the future what do you see? You should check our blog and our I am poems out.

• Hi Corina, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

12. Hello power point 1 slide 7 really like your slide. But I have a question are you a lonely person. Your power point really does tell about yourself. You are right to say ” I am who I want to be “.

• Hi Neil, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

13. Hello part 1 slide 2, I really liked your slide about your I Am. It sounded very truthful and good like it should be in a poetry book. Why do you hear cries of worry? What are your fears and worry. Visit Our blogs to read our I Am’s.

• Hi Braedan, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

14. hi power point 2 slide 6 I like your backround of the sea. Why do you like fishing and boating so much ? do you eat everthing you catch? What kind of fish do you catch? What kind of boat do you have?
    vist our blog at melissa yuhasz’s grade 5 kidlets

• Hi Kaleb, thanks for your comments. My students will certainly be replying next week. We will be visiting your website to check out your blog as well.

15. Hey Mrs Francis,
    I think everyone did a wonderful job on these poems and I hope every one else thinks so too. 🙂

16. Hi Mrs. Francis,
    Thanks for all your comments! I’m really glad we didn’t put our names on the poems, just because all of them are really personal. I felt really sad after reading about 3-5 of them.
    Mathew.N ^_^

I enjoyed reading these ‘I Am Poems’. I especially like The 4th One In Part One Slide because it suits me and it’s like what happens to me. I hope you do more next year because I think your children will enjoy doing these ‘I Am Poems’.
    From Allan

When I read the I am poems I felt so emotional that I was about to cry. But it was really cool that everyone expressed their feelings.

19. Thank you for coming to visit our blog and God bless you. I love all the I am poems, they are really good and I mean really good. Bye.

20. Hello classes!
    My name is Yvonne and I’m in grade five. It is interesting reading all your lovely comments. Thank you for coming to visit our class blog, we look forward to reading some comments from you guys again. It would be wonderful if we could keep in contact. 🙂

-Yvonne

21. What beautiful poetry – you are fantastic writers. I love the description of your feelings and how you let the reader into your own minds. It is a really special gift to share such personal and emotional thoughts. I think it is a super idea to keep your identities private – I found that in a poem where it related to my own feelings because it had no author attached to it, it was as if I had written it about myself. Thank you.