Anzac Day 2015 – Anzac Soldier sketches

This year we commemorate the

centenary of the Gallipoli campaign.

Our unit of study for the first two weeks of this term

centered around the Anzacs and

why we commemorate them.

Our Integrated Studies unit was incorporated

with maths and art.

Here is a presentation of our efforts to enlarge

a picture of an Anzac soldier.

We hope you enjoy our Flip Book of our Artwork.

16 thoughts on “Anzac Day 2015 – Anzac Soldier sketches

1. Your art work is amazing! The background colours, photos from our ANZAC ceremony and pencil drawings have been creatively combined in this slideshow presentation. Please provide me with the photos used for this presentation and I will use some on the school website.

Many thanks

From Mr Brew

It was fun and hard at the same doing the art. I hope we do something similar like this!

Tina

3. Hello Mrs Francis,
    I think this artwork was really fun to make and helped us learn a little bit about maths as well! xD
    I enjoyed this because I could make a grid and measure squares.
    Bye bye!
    Kelvin | Eggroll

The artwork we did looks really good. We really should do art more often. These two weeks I learnt so much more about the ANZAC’s and Gallipoli. I really enjoyed the two art works we did. As a suggestion we should do the black and white pictures again but with a different topic.

-Yvonne

These sketches that we did look fabulous and I hope we can do more sketches like these in the future.

6. I have just looked at all our artwork and I must say I’m very proud of myself. Everyone’s artwork was amazing and detailed. The actual art activity was cool and I really liked the fact that we had to shade our picture.

~Anna E~

Doing these sketches was just as much fun as the ANZAC reflections. It was a lot harder though. It took me quite a long time to finish it but it was still fun.

8. My class thought about writing prayers around the honey on the flower. We wrote it on the petal all about the soldiers how they worked hard to save our country and NOT LET THE ENEMY PASS THEIR LINE. Well Anzac is over now but I hope we do something, special the next Anzac.:)happy