Anzac Day Soldier Silhouette – Reflecting Images

As part of our Anzac Day study, we completed a mathematics and art activity.

We had to design the silhouette of an Anzac soldier.

We then had to reflect (flip) our image and paste it down.

This was much harder than we thought it would be.

Here is a slideshow of our finished work.

We hope you enjoy watching our slideshow.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

14 thoughts on “Anzac Day Soldier Silhouette – Reflecting Images

1. Dear Mrs. Francis,
    I have just taken a look at all the silhouettes and I think we did a really great job at doing the Art/Maths Activity. When I saw these on your wall last year I had thought that it was difficult but it turned out to be quite easy.
    Good Job Everyone!

Anna E

This was a really fun activity to do but the hard part was cutting out the little bits between the soldier’s legs and for mine the hardest part was cutting all the poppies on the ground. EVERYONE DID an AMAZING JOB! πŸ˜€ this activity was so much fun! πŸ˜›

It was so much fun doing this! The hardest thing to do was cutting the insides because you have to use all the pieces.
    Tina

4. This art work is a bit like math but it is very fun to make and at the same time it is hard.I really like how its a reflection and it is so cool to look at.

I really like the ANZAC reflecting picture. It was hard but really fun when I knew how to do it, it became really easy so thank you for doing this lesson.

Nikki

I learnt a lot about the ANZAC’S and what happened at war and what they did. So I enjoyed learning about this topic and I look forward to learning more.

7. I really enjoyed making those silhouettes. It was one of the most fun things I did that day. It was a little hard at first but I got the hang of it. Anyways it was fun and i hope we can do it again sometime.

The slide show was Amazing it is very creative even when using two colors black and white.I didn’t know that it will work but now I do because it looks Awesome!

Julie πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

I was looking at the flip arts and they were really nice and well remember all of the soldiers that fought in war for us. Also everyone did great art work. d

I saw all the flip arts and it looks amazing and cool indeed.It was harder than what you think it was.It was really fun doing this.Next time we should make a full tutorial video and post it on the blog and have fun at the same time.