We Are All Born Free – Amnesty International

Our Religious Education Unit at the moment is Mission Possible.

It deals with looking at issues of justice and injustice, not only in the time of Jesus,

but also in our world today.

We began our unit by looking at the Declaration of Human Rights.

We read the book

We are all born free.

We acknowledge and thank Amnesty International for the following video.

Take a closer look at the charter of Human Rights.

Here is an easier way to understand the Charter:

Click on the image below to find more videos on the Declaration of Human Rights

we are all born free

28 thoughts on “We Are All Born Free – Amnesty International

1. We all do have rights to do what we want to and be free.
    I think the 2nd video was really wonderful and amazing. 🙂

• Thanks for your comment Sharna. I am glad you enjoyed the videos. I’m not sure how many people actually know that there is a charter of human rights.

After watching those videos and talking about “Human Rights” I have wondered why some people have rejected the human rights that makes everyone equal. Do they not want the world to be a free one full of happiness and all not of selfishness and greed? But it’s their life we can’t control it.
    -Anna

• Thanks for your comments Anna. It is important to realize that we all have rights and that we are all equal. I guess we have to keep working at it.

3. Hey Mrs. Francis,

Huh, so it’s that time where we get into “Human Rights.” I wonder what makes other people think they have the right to judge someone. And then I think that when I say it like that, I sound like a hypocrite. But I can justify that I have judged someone after knowing them, not on first glance. But anyway, you don’t need to consider my input.

Bye bye~

• Hey Shayla,
      Great to hear from you. Of course I do consider and appreciate your input. Thank you for your input and interesting comments. Always appreciated!

The story we are all born free was really good. I really enjoyed it and I really recommend the story to other people. And I agree that we all should be free and be fair to others equally. I learnt that we all should respect each other’s dignity.

Tina

5. The video really showed me that human rights are very important. It also really changed my mind about how I see people.

I really like the story about We are born free; it is true that if we are not born free we will be in slavery or in jail.

7. I really recommended watching these videos. It is true that we are all born free. Sadly, some countries are communist.

Humasn should be respected, I Hope one day everyone will have their rights.
    The second video was really interesting, I learnt a lot from that video.

We are all born free to do what we want! I hope they make it a law for the world soon. Maybe, tell them that we are all…born…FREEEEE!!!

I really enjoyed the video. I never knew that long ago they called the rights Natural Law then Natural rights and then finally Human Rights. It must have been a struggle a lot at those times.

Watching the ‘Human Rights’ Video was kind of sad how many have died but it was good to learn that many people fought to have Human Rights for others including themselves. I’d say this was too much just to have something like this but its sort of sad when people just choose to start bullying others even if they disagree to have Human Rights because its a choice.

I’m A Taco

12. Dear Mrs. Francis
    You showing us all those videos about human rights really helped my learning and thoughts about it. Also I really enjoyed the book “We Are All Born Free”
    -Tina D

I loved the video about human rights, history and how it went. Now I Know what happened in history.

14. Hey Mrs Francis,
    I really agree with what Anna said and I believe we should all treat each other equally and rejecting someone because of their culture and skin colour isn’t very nice.

The story we are all born free was amazing. Because we can’t judge human rights. Because everyone has their own rights and I agree people should read this book and share with others.

16. When you read the book to us I really enjoyed listening to the rights and I think that even if there are Human Rights there is still slavery in the world and maybe if everyone knew the Human Rights then the world would be a better place.

I agree that we are all born free because no one should be able to stop us from doing what is right and just. We should all live in a good house and have a fun life.

You showing us these videos was great and I wish people actually listen to it and do it.

People should have human rights and The two videos were great. People should have the rights to say what they want and have freedom.

The story that you read to us ‘We Are All Born Free’ was very interesting and detailed so I learnt so many new thing that I never knew before.I believe it is important to respect other people even if they don’t like you.

Julie 🙂 😉

I enjoyed the story “We Are All Born Free”. It was interesting and everyone is the same if one person is special that means everyone is special.I would like to enjoy it with one and other and read it together. I think I should share it with other people.

From Tiffany

22. Good afternoon Mrs Francis
    The human rights book looks awesome.Can’t wait to read it.

From Christopher