Electricity Incursion from Monash University

This week Sally, a scientist from Monash University,

came to our school to teach us about electrical circuits.

It was a fantastic, and very educational incursion.

We learnt so much and we were even able to build our own electrical circuits.

We built series and parallel circuits and discovered why the more lights there are on a series circuit, the weaker the glow.

A parallel circuit maintained the strength of the glow for each globe we added.

We especially enjoyed the part about how the aurora borealis looks in a test tube.

Did you know that a lemon and potato can actually conduct electricity?

We experimented and discovered that they do conduct electricity.

18 thoughts on “Electricity Incursion from Monash University

Yesterdays incursion was sooo fun!! The best part I liked was the static box where you could feel the static on your fingers! This has to be one of the best incursion I’ve been to~ 🙂

2. The incursion was fascinating. I thought it was funny when people wanted to feel an electric shock. Seeing the gas lights were very interesting.

3. The things that is saw were so cool like the two sticks that made lightening that was cool and I got to try the box that you turn and creates electricity and you put two fingers on it and you can feel electricity going through your fingers.

4. The incursion was really interesting and my favourite part was when we got to see what getting electrocuted felt like, it hurt so much as we spun it a lot.

5. Dear Mrs Francis
    The music is really nice and the pictures I also loved.
    I hope we get another incursion in term four
    From Christopher

I really liked the incursion! It was so much fun learning about electricity in a really fun way. I learned lots and lots about electricity. I hope we have an incursion like that again!

7. That was a very interesting incursion. I was so fascinated when she showed us the 10000 voltage. I’d say it was a shocking incursion.

I enjoyed the incursion because it was so funny! (even though most of us learned about circuits and most of the other stuff) Especially the 30,000 Volt *taser*? it was so cool, loud and scared me so much!
    From Allan MONA LISA

From Allan

The Science Incursion was really educational and enjoyable at the same time! I learnt a lot of information and had fun at the same time!

My favorite part of the incursion was definitely the time when you put your two fingers on a box and rotate the handle and feel the electric shock because it felt as if my bones were being massaged.

-Anna

11. Hi Mrs Francis! I’d have to admit – it was such a great incursion! I learnt so much from Sally and the interesting facts we were taught! I also never knew that potatoes and lemons could conduct electricity! I had no idea that this was possible! I’m so excited for our next excursion to occur! I wonder what’s in store for us to learn!!