Famous Victorians – What’s Your Story – Book Week 2015

book week 2015As part of Book Week our librarian organised for the year 5/6’s to visit the Melbourne Museum and the The State Library of Victoria. When we went to the State Library of Victoria we were greeted by a teacher librarian and went over to the Workshop. There she explained that we were to pick one of 7 famous Australians (Ned Kelly, Vida Goldstein, John Batman, John Pascoe Fawkner, William Buckley, ST Gill or William Barack) and research their lives. We used Ergo to research and Animoto to create our video. In our video we had to include 3 facts, 2 questions and 1 thought.    The hour we spent there was worthwhile and we had a lot of fun.

After all that we had a tour of the State Library and found out that the Library had a 100 year-old biscuit; it was a pity that we couldn’t see it. We got to travel back in time by looking at artwork; we saw Melbourne transform from a small colony to a lively community. Another interesting fact we learnt was that Redmond Barry was the one who opened the State Library and was also the judge who sentenced Ned Kelly to death. Overall the experience was very enjoyable.

Written by Anna and Mathew

18 thoughts on “Famous Victorians – What’s Your Story – Book Week 2015

The videos that people created with Animoto were very creative, it was fun and very easy to do. I am happy that I got to write the description and that was also fun.

-Anna

The videos our class made were wonderful and AWESOME!! Making it was fun and writing the description was great!~

3. I really enjoyed using Animoto because it was easy to use. The excursion was fun because I learnt a lot of new things that I didn’t know before.

I really loved doing the Animoto because it is very easy to use and it is fun to watch. Everyone did a wonderful job and I hope we use this website again!

All the animotos were great. I had a lot of fun exploring the state library and I also learnt something new about famous Victorians.

I really liked the videos,
    especially the one where your class
    drew the flowers. I also really liked the ones about Jesus.

From Dylan