Book Week 2015 – Swirls and Splotches

Our art activities for part of Book Week Celebrations included a dress up day.

We could come dressed as swirls and splotches.

So we decided to create a piece of artwork which included swirls and splotches.

Out of the darkness emerged the colorful swirls, and splotches.

We hope you enjoy our video displaying our artwork.

20 thoughts on “Book Week 2015 – Swirls and Splotches

1. wowowoowowwowoowowowowowoowooow
    Our classes art is amazing! its perfection (y)
    I really like the colours people used.
    I hope we can do something like this again.

The Swirls and Splotches art work was totally great. I was really amazed by everyone’s art work.

The artwork that people did was amazing! The silhouettes really did make the swirls POP! I also really liked the ones where we painted using a rolling pin and used the ink to place pictures.

-Anna

I really enjoyed using Animoto! It was very cool how there is swirls at the back and there is a scene using black paper. I hope we do another art like this because I think it’s very creative. Everybody did a wonderful and marvelous work!

The video was awesome I really enjoyed it!
    I really enjoyed book week I can’t wait till next year’s book week.I thought the art work was so cool I have never done anything like this before! And I hope we can do it again. Everyone did a marvelous job!

Julie 🙂 😉

I really enjoyed doing this art because it was a challenge for me to not push the brush down too hard! I think I messed mine a little by using the chalk too hard 😮
    Anyway’s byebye!

These art works are amazing, they have a variety of art styles and looks great in a combination. I hope we can do more of these types of art works qBD

The pieces of art are amazing; the variety of the art styles is great and really different and they all look awesome. I hope our class does more of this kind of art later on.

9. Hey Mrs Francis,
    We really did a great job on these pieces of artwork. I love the swirls art, it makes it look like it was taken outside at midnight!

10. Dear Mrs Francis
    I liked doing the swirls and the splotches but to be honest it was a little bit hard doing it. So anyway I hope we do it again for book week and for the theme, Books light up our world.
    From christopher

I’ve enjoyed doing the swirls and splotches, but mostly the splotches because it was fun to use the paint roller just because I’ve never used one so it felt nice. Well anyway the swirls were okay but a tad bit hard, probably because I wasn’t holding the brush properly.
    From Allan