Here is your homework for this week:
MONDAY (23rd June):
1. Write out your spelling words two times, then in alphabetical order.
2. Get onto the blog and go to Story Starters. From there, push the spinners and choose your writing topic. You need to write a short paragraph on your topic. Be sure to make it interesting!
3. You can email me with your response, or leave it as a comment, or print your work and paste it into your homework book for me to correct tomorrow. Happy writing!
4. Don’t forget to read for 15-20 minutes and complete any Lexile quizzes if you need to.
TUESDAY (24th June):
1. Get onto the blog and go to Zip Tales.
2. From there log into the website with the username and password given to you at school.
3. Go to “Extending Literacy 3-6”.
4. Now, go to PEOPLE stories and wait for it to load.
5. Then choose “Don’t Mess with Jess” and listen to the story or read it yourself.
6. Complete the “Fill the gaps” and “Multiple Choice”.
7. Check your score for both quizzes and write them in your homework book.
8. Now write a short summary about the story (about 5- 10 lines). Answer these questions:
Was there a moral to the story? Was there a message? What did you think of the story?
9. Don’t forget to read for 15-20 minutes and complete any Lexile quizzes if you need to.
WEDNESDAY (25th June):
Go onto Study Ladder and log on using your Username and password.
Go to set tasks and complete ONE of the set tasks involving ADDING DECIMALS and ONE of the set tasks involving SUBTRACTING DECIMALS.
You MUST write the sums in your book and then work them out. You can correct your work as you complete the games. Be careful! Watch out where you put the decimal point! Happy calculating!
THURSDAY (26th June):
1. Reading 15-20 minutes and complete any Lexile quizzes if you need to.
2. Write what you think the best thing about this term has been. Also, what do you think about having the homework on the blog? Do you think it is easier, and so no excuses for forgetting what to do?
Don’t forget to have your diary signed each night.