Poetry – ‘I am’ poems

Hi everyone,

Follow the link below to read our

‘I am’ poems.

We put a lot of thought into writing these poems.

Each one is unique and special

and reveals something about each one of us.

We hope you enjoy reading them, just as much as we enjoyed writing them.

from 5/6 Francis

P.S. Please be patient as the PowerPoint loads.

‘I AM’ POEMS BY 5_6 FRANCIS

22 thoughts on “Poetry – ‘I am’ poems

I loved the different backgrounds and the different formats.
    It must of taken quite a while to type them all up!
    Thank you for taking the time and effort to typing all or them up!

Jasmine H.

2. Hi Jasmine, Thanks so much for your kind comments. I am glad you checked out the poetry. Check it out again, because I have added the last few missing ones. Thanks for stopping by. Mrs Francis

3. Wow mrs Francis! It seem like you put a lot of effort into these poems. The whole class appreciates it, especially the fact that you did it when you were sick

4. P.S since I didn’t give you my letter on the last day I would like to say that you are an awesome teacher and I hope I will make you proud in the future! Also the letter that you gave me made me really emotional. Thank you

• Hi Kelly
      Thankyou for your wonderful comments on our blog. It was a pleasure working with you this year and I am so sorry that you weren’t well. I hope you feel better soon. I am happy you read my letter to you. Maybe you can give me your letter next year. I wish you and your family the very best Christmas and I know you will make me proud in the future. See you next year. Regards Mrs Francis

5. Hi there…my name is Melissa Yuhasz and I teach in Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Canada. My class also did “I Am” Poems based on the book “Number the Stars!” We would love to connect with you through blogs.
    I am very new to this, so I am not completely sure of the process. My kids have read your “I Am” poems and have commented on them…I sure hope it works! Great job 5/6…we hope to hear from you!

• Hi there, Ms Yuhasz and children,
      Thank you for stopping by our blog, and leaving your comments. We feel very excited that someone in the world has noticed our blog.
      Thank you to all your children for their lovely comments. The I am poems you were reading were actually written by the children in 2013. We have just posted a new set of I am poems, this time written by the 2015 children. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed writing them. We would love to connect with your class in the near future. At present, we are on our Term 1 break, so our children are not at school. Please give us the name of your blog, so that when we get back to school, we can stop by your blog and read your I am poems. We are really looking forward to that! Thanks again, and keep in touch!

6. Hi i loved your i am poem i am very impressed of that we did that one to but its about the Holocaust but still loved it and I read slide 21. 🙂

• Hi Elijah, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

7. Hi I liked your poem slide 11 we did a I am poem to it was on the holocaust in the book number the stars. What is your favorite sport,book,animal nice job do you no what snow is we have a lot in Canada what is your first name? Are you a boy or a girl? Im a boy

• Hi Riland, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

8. hi slide 14 my name is wyatt and i thought your i am poem was cool! i am from
    saskatchewan canada. I like snowboarding what do you like, are you athletic? what is your name are you nice? we did the i am poens like you but we did it on number the stars

• Hi Wyatt, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

9. hi slide 3 happy celeberty day im katy perry not really im dante whats ur name
    and whats ur favorite colour and are u a boy or girl 2 want u no im a girl n my favorite colour is black and red whats its like at ur town or city and im gentle and kind too were such a comman oh wait whats ur favorite food mine is pizza and pineapple

• Hi Dante, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

10. i like slide 5 because it relates to me. we wrote our own I AM poems a couple months ago. Did you ever see snow?what’s your favourite color? Are you a boy or a girl ? Did you ever go surfing? Whats your favuorite subject?whats you first name? well thats all for now see-ya

• Hi Kaleb, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

11. Hi slide 15 I think we have a lot in common. My name is Corina. Are you a boy or a girl? My favorite hobbies are dancing and singing. What are your hobbies? What is your name? We did this exact I am poem only we did ours was on the holocaust!!!!Do you have any questions about me if so you can rely them back to me.

• Hi Melissa, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.

12. Hello slide 7, my name is Braedan and I relate to your poem in a lot of ways because I am funny and I love sports. Are you a boy or a girl? What sports do you play. What was your inspiration for your poem. What is your first name? Do you like school and the work. What are your favorite subjects? We wrote an I am poem about a character from a book called Number the Stars.

• Hi Braeden, our children are presently on holidays, and won’t be back for another two weeks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to getting onto your blog to check out your I am poems. We would love to keep in touch with your class, so when we come back to school, we will be in touch.