STUDENT BLOGGING GUIDELINES & CHROME BOOK RULES

GUIDELINES

Student blogging guidelines

When you press PUBLISH, what you have written is instantly visible all around the world. Make sure you think carefully about what you write in blogs and in comments and always follow these rules.

BE SAFE:

Only use your first name.

Your Posts must not include yours or  anyone’s personal details such as  address, email address or phone numbers.

When writing about yourself don’t be specific. eg. Say: “I go to a local dance group ” rather than “I go to  Mary’s Dance Studio”

You must have your teacher’s permission to post a photo

BE RESPECTFUL

Always keep other people’s feelings in mind.

When commenting on what others have written show them that you have read it rather than just saying “great job”.

Be open to other people’s opinions, but be prepared to discuss your own position if you don’t agree.

BE LITERATE

You are broadcasting yourself to the world. Present yourself in the best possible light

Use good grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Save abbreviations and shortcuts for MSN and texting.

COPYRIGHT

Remember you cannot use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images,         songs and text.

PARENTS

Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first names only

TEACHERS

Posts written by students will be checked by the teacher before they are published to the blog

Teachers must always have students approval  before posting their work or images

Chromebook rules

While at school:-

Chromebooks are not to be kept in bags.

Ask permission before using your chrome-book.

No liquid or food allowed on the table with the chrome-books.

Do not touch other people’s chrome-books.

No sound recording or camera use allowed without teacher permission.

Keep the chrome-books flat on your desk – do not stack it with other objects.

Hold chrome-book with two hands when carrying them from one place to another.

Do not hold the chrome-book by the screen.

Pouches and chrome-books are not to be decorated with stickers or graffiti.

Pictures and songs and documents should be appropriate for school.

Use ‘ear phones’ not ‘head phones’.

Chromebooks are to be used for school work only – not games.

Chromebooks should only be cleaned using a clean, dry, soft cloth.

Treat your chrome-book as a valuable resource, don’t leave it lying around. It is not a toy!

If something pops up on the screen ask an adult, do not accept all pop-ups.

Do not enter a classroom in the absence of a teacher.

When travelling between home and school:-

Do not put water bottles in the school bag with the chrome-book.

Chrome-books should be in the bag, not carried in your hands.

Don’t tell the world you have a chrome-book.

At home:

Every night, charge your chrome-book at home in a safe place and leave your charger at home.

If the chrome-book is damaged or lost it is your responsibility to replace it.

35 thoughts on “STUDENT BLOGGING GUIDELINES & CHROME BOOK RULES

1. Hey Mrs Francis. I love all the new ideas. They are really fun and creative. It can be hard sometimes but we get along. =)

2. These chrome book rules are really helpful for people who are unsure of what they can or cannot do. The rules can also keep us safe on the internet and help us have a clean chrome book.

3. Hi Mrs. Francis,
    I think that most of these rules were pretty obvious but as they always say it’s always best to be safe than sorry. But overall I think that the rules are very sensible and I really hope the students use their spare time reading these rules.

>~~<
    ~Anna~

4. Hey Mrs. Francis,
    The Chromebook rules are important; some of them I didn’t know until now! Some of the Blog rules too! Thanks for the rules Mrs. Francis 😀

5. I think that having the chromebook rules on the blog is a good idea because we would know how to treat our chromebook correctly.

6. Hey Mrs Francis,
    Thank you for putting these rules up on the blog.
    It is important to have these rules because we don’t want people dropping these Chromebooks and breaking them.

Kelvin Eggroll

I think we should have rules because the rules would help us because if you don’t know what to do e.g you might be accepting all pop-ups that appear that you aren’t supposed to accept.

8. I’m glad that we have rules because if we didn’t have rules there would be bad things happening all over the world.

9. Hey Mrs Francis,
    I read all the rules especially the Chromebook ones, the rules seem fun and look easy to do if you read it properly enough.Thank you for putting the rules on the blog, it might help me if I need help.:)

10. Dear Mrs Francic
    I think the chrombook rules are safe for other people because some people kick other people’s bags and swing them around.

I read the whole thing and learnt how to keep the chorme book safe by not kicking the bags or go on someone’s chrome books.

I think we should have blog rules because we need to stay safe online and so that you know what you should do and not to do on the internet. Also Chrome book rules are important because we don’t damage our Chrome books.

13. Dear Mrs Francis, Chrome books are epic and so are the rules but seriously everybody should follow these rules.

14. I agree with all the rules because if we don’t have rules everyone’s Chromebooks would be all broken so I fully agree on the rules. The chrome books are so cool to use and I am looking forward to using them.

I think it is a great idea to put our chrome book rules on the the blog for everyone to know. Thank You Mrs Francis

I think chrome book rules should be on the blog because it is safe so people can be safe on the internet and they can respect their chrome book.

17. Dear Mrs Francis
    I think the rules are great, because it keeps peoople safe online.
    The rules on the blog are great.
    The chrome book rules are good because our parents paid a lot for them.

Thank you Mrs Francis for taking the time to type the rules for us because you’re worried that we might break our chrome book and then our parents have to pay more money.

Thank you!From,Julie

• It means that during the day they are not to be kept in you bag. They must stay in you bag only when you carry them to and from school.

Chromebook rules are a great ideas because it helps other people how to look after their Chromebooks and keep them safe.